For almost 50 years, Enterprise has matched motivated youth with diverse paid summer internships. An internship provides young adults the opportunity to experience a specific career field as they gain real-life work experience. From nursing, banking, and law to nonprofit services and municipal government, youth get the opportunity to experience a broad selection of private and public sector career opportunities.
For many young people, this paid internship is their first glimpse of a professional career.
Enterprise offers support through:
- Site Supervisors structure the work experience and offer on-site, real-time direction
- Volunteer mentors (recruited by Enterprise) check in with the youth and assist them in processing their experience.
- An Enterprise staff organizes all aspects of the program and is available to support the interns, supervisors, and mentors.
Enterprise also includes program activities designed to supplement the young person’s experiences and include:
- A job readiness workshop series covering personal values and career aspirations, professional communication, formatting resumes, etc.
- Weekly conversations with their mentors concerning workplace themes like: project goals, advocating for yourself, resolving conflict, etc.
- A graduation where each youth presents their experiences to their families,
mentors and supervisors.