Pathways Workshops Build Skills, Confidence, and Financial Empowerment
Pathways is a career awareness and job readiness program aimed to prepare youth for the world of work while exposing them to meaningful educational and career opportunities. Pathways currently cycles three times in the year – during the fall, spring, and summer. The exact program timeline and schedule will vary per cycle. Youth who complete the program receive a $250 stipend because we value your commitment to expanding your career awareness and job readiness skills. We also believe in the power of earning money as a way to start building financial capacity, especially at a young age.
Program Activities Include:
- Workshop topics on career development, job readiness, working environment, money management, time management, & effective communication
- Mock interviews with various professionals in our organization & company partnerships (Salesforce, First Republic Bank, Square, Microsoft, PG&E, Wells Fargo have been past partners)
- Individual check-ins with a job counselor to explore educational and career pathways
- Ongoing constructive feedback on individualized employment portfolio and interviewing skills
- Access to various Job Shadows and individualized College Counseling
- Opportunity to apply to jobs in our Job Bank!
- Youth enrolled in High School (9th-12th) or in a GED Program (regardless of immigration status). Incoming 9th graders are not eligible for the Summer 2017 cycle.
- Youth that attend school in San Francisco or live in San Francisco
- No GPA requirement
- Seeking career awareness and job readiness training
- Looking for employment in San Francisco Bay Area
- Able to commit to a 9-week program
To fill out the online Pathways Application, click here.
To download a PDF of the Pathways Application, click here.
To download Pathways Flyer, click here.
To download Enterprise Program Brochure, click here.
For frequently asked questions about Pathways, click here.
Funded by the Children’s Fund and Department of Children, Youth, and their Families.
Recent Pathways Program Graduates had this to say:
“The staff member who taught our workshops gave us advice based on her own experiences…her enthusiasm, dedication and positive outlook has made me more confident in my endeavors.”
“I have learned that anything is possible. I was always afraid of jobs because of interviews and messing up. Now I feel like I can talk in an interview without being so nervous.”
“They provided me with a network of helpful individuals.”
“They encouraged me to try new things, meet new people and reach higher.”