For almost 50 years, the Career Exploration Program (CEP) has matched motivated youth with diverse summer internships. CEP provides young adults the opportunity to experience a specific career field as they gain real-life work experience.
From nursing, banking, and law to nonprofit services and municipal government, youth get the opportunity to experience a broad selection of private and public sector career opportunities. Kaiser Permanente, First Republic Bank, San Francisco City Supervisors, SF SPCA are just a few of our fantastic partners.
For many young people, this paid internship is their first glimpse of a professional career after completing the ten week job-readiness training at Enterprise.
CEP offers significant support through:
- Site Supervisors who structure the work experience and offer on-site, real-time direction.
- Volunteer Advisors (recruited and trained by Enterprise) who check in with the youth and help them process, evaluate and digest their experience.
- An Enterprise Program Manager who organizes all aspects of the program and is available to support the interns, supervisors, and advisors.
CEP also includes program activities and exercises designed to supplement the young person’s experiences and include:
- A workshop series designed to build on aspects of job readiness/workplace expectations.
- Weekly journal assignments provide youth opportunity to reflect.
- A final project to celebrate the internship and highlight aspects of interns’ experiences and knowledge gained.
- A graduation where each youth presents their experiences to an audience of adults, including their families, mentors and advisors.